· To create curiosity and interest among the learners about historical facts and figure culture, heritage and good traditions.
· To make the learners realize the past mistakes and learn to avoid them for better future.
· To create a sense of national integration and nationalism
· To develop learners’ interest in and to promote their study of the past.
· To promote historical (subject specific) skills including the understanding of cultural, social, political, economic, intellectual and religious changes in the past, and their relation to the present context.
· To present the complex data to demonstrate an understanding of historical problems and debates.
· To extend learners’ general intellectual development by improving comprehension of their own and others’ cultures, their sense of proportion about current issues and problems.